Monday, May 20, 2013

Mondays with Megan - Meet Kim Torres

 Welcome to the first installment of "Mondays with Megan." I am so excited to have one of my favorite photographers, Kim Torres, of Kim Torres Photography, as my first featured photographer. Located in San Angelo, TX, Kim is an on-location, natural light photographer. Her pictures are filled with light and vibrant colors! She has an incredible way of making her pictures look absolutely effortless. But my favorite thing about Kim is that she dragged an upright piano out into a field for a Senior Session. Genius! Now, here's Kim Torres!


 



How long have you been in business?
I've officially been in business a little over 1 year, but I've been shooting for almost 2 years. 


What's in your camera bag?
In my bag I have a Canon 5D Mark II: 50 1.2, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 85 1.2 and my macro lens 100mm 2.8. Also, an extra battery and extra CF cards, ChapStick , business cards and more batteries! 


 
How would you describe your style?
My style is very casual and easy going. I used to stress about posing and getting the "perfect" shot, but I soon realized that the "perfect" shot doesn't exist. Some of my favorite shots are the candid ones that I never expect.




Do you shoot on location or in a studio?
I shoot everything on location expect newborns. I have a small indoor studio in my house that is perfect for the little ones.


If you weren't a photographer, what would you be doing?
I was actually going to go to nursing school, but I wasn't very passionate about it. I always wanted to be a photographer but I never dreamed I could make it happen. I finally pushed my fears aside and followed my dreams.



Be sure to follow Kim on Facebook!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing photographer...

    She has such a fun and outgoing personality and I think that's one of the keys to her success in capturing a natural beauty (which isn't always easy when shooting people that aren't used to having professional shots done).

    ReplyDelete